- Adrian & Pat continue their discussion & exploration of the various models of fitness from the “What is Fitness?” article which was published in 2002.
- The first model, The 10 General Physical Skills was covered in VNR episode 32.
- The second model, “The Hopper” was covered in VNR episode 34. In today’s show they discuss “The Metabolic Pathways”, which is the third model.
- What are the metabolic pathways? How do they relate to fitness? What do they tell us? Should they guide our training? These questions & much more are answered.
"What is Fitness?": https://journal.crossfit.com/article/what-is-fitness
VNR #34: The "Hopper" model, explained.
Pat Sherwood has held credentials up to & including being a Level 4 CrossFit Coach. He worked for CrossFit, Inc for 14 years in various roles including media, health & seminar staff. He is married with 3 kids. He is the owner of CrossFit Linchpin, enjoys ice cream & hates handstand push-ups.
Boz started dabbling with CrossFit at the end of 2004 and got his L1 in early 2006. He has coached at:
- San Francisco CrossFit: 2006-2011
- CrossFit Brisbane (Australia): 2011
- Huntress CrossFit/The Tuxedo Social club (his low-key garage-gym ): 2014-2021
He’s also worked for CrossFit from 2007-present in various roles on the Seminar team, Education department and the CrossFit Games. "I love this stuff!"
PODCAST AVAILABLE ON:
… and anywhere you get your podcasts!