#prescriptionwriting #prescriptionformate #partsofprescription #pharmacyd #pharmacydbyasim
💡 More video from PharmacyD👇 :
⏯ Dosage Forms of Drug: https://youtu.be/WGrbJcZVzTs
⏯ Preeclampsia and Eclampsia: https://youtu.be/esZownfMXgo
⏯ Half Life of Drug: https://youtu.be/vQQ_MV7mHtc
⏯ Cheese Reaction Pharmacology: https://youtu.be/tEZWu9hV3Ws
⏯ Covid-19 Vaccine Side Effects: https://youtu.be/7bz9OZIDuP8
⏯ Pharmacology Mnemonics(Playlist): https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLnn3dWigwUya8yYya2STrq8sSWbTSthH4
A medical prescription is an order (often in written form) issued by qualified health care professional (e.g. physician or dentist) to a pharmacist or other therapist for a treatment to be provided to the patient.
Prescription orders are divided into two types depending upon the availability of the prescribed medications.
(i) Pre-compounded and
(ii) Extemporaneous or Compounded Prescriptions
The classical prescription should have the following essential parts in order:
1. Date: The date on which prescription is written.
2. The identity, age, sex, breed of an animal and address of owner also be mentioned.
3. Superscription: It consists of the symbol Rx, an abbreviation of the Latin word recipe which means “take thou of”.
4. Inscription: The inscription is the body of the prescription which lists the names and the amount of drugs to be incorporated in the prescription.
5. Subscription: The subscription directs pharmacist, dispenser what to make from ingredients i.e. mixture, liniment, ointment etc. and the quantity of the formulation to dispense.
6. The Signa (Sig. or S.) or Signature: The signature does not refer to the prescriber’s signature but it is derived from the Latin word ‘Signature’ which means ‘let it be labeled’. It is the part of the prescription where the prescriber instructs the pharmacist what he wishes to be written on the label of the dispended product. Occasionally, this part of the prescription order is called the transcription.
7. Prescriber’s Signature: The signature of the practitioner must appear on the prescription to make it a legal document. Physician’s full name his/her address and his/her registration number may also be mentioned.
0:00 - intro
0:23 - What is a prescription ?
0:49 - History of Prescription
01:38 - Types of Prescription
03:05 - Parts of Prescription (Prescription Format)
03:38 - A sample Prescription
05:20 - Prescription Errors
Don’t click this link: https://bit.ly/3vfeMa4
For any Queries and Suggestions Email on: firstname.lastname@example.org
"Content is For Education Purpose Only, Creamed From Various Authentic Books of Pharmacy & Medicine."
A Famous Quote is: "What We Know is a Drop. What We Don’t Know is an Ocean".