Some important things I must say here.
- PLAY WHAT YOU ENJOY. IF YOU FIND AP LUX SUPPORT FUN THAN KEEP PLAYING IT! DON’T LET ME STOP YOU!
- Some of these Lux games (mostly the AP builds) I have are just before the season 12 change so you will notice that I have old items.
- I’m aware that quite a lot of people are rating Lux AP support very highly and possibly OP right now in season 12. I would contribute that to the buffs that Lux has gotten in the last few patches. However in realising that I want to make some important notes:
- I want you to look past the clickbait title/thumbnail and focus more generally on the things I’m saying rather than the specifics to Lux. Things like mage supports, in general, fall off damage and that they, generally, provide less utility than the other archetypes (like enchantresses). I say this because obviously AP Lux Support is getting some recognition because of her recent buffs but when Riot decides to nerf her or buff other supports then we’ll be going back to square one (Lux only got so many buffs in the first place due to her being weak in Riot’s view) where most of the general knowledge that I’m saying in this video will be relevant or be even more true.
- Mage supports are worse the higher ranks you go.
On U.GG website the winrates for Ranked Solo Lux Support for patch 11.23 (there are no stats on season 12 unfortunately) are:
Plat+ Lux Support = 51.38% winrate
Masters+ Lux Support = 48.14%
Watch iSkyiTV’s tiktok clip on this winrate thing and the idea that mage support aren’t as good the higher ranks you go (or if you want to learn how to position and play against mage supports):
The point of this series I’m making is to show the pros and cons of a champion and build. I get A LOT of questions like ‘is x,y,z champ/build good?’ and so I wanted to make a series where I can just go through it all for people to learn and reference. By the way, me trying to make an informative video on certain champs/builds is NOT and invitation for a debate. If you want to provide a perspective or caveat you are free to do so but just know that I won’t be engaging in any debates with people who aren’t happy with what I’m saying in the video. If you look past the ‘AP Lux is bad’ stuff then you’ll see that the knowledge I’m laying down in these series are more objective truths, like AP items cost more gold.
Despite the tone that I may be giving off I am definitely not trying to bash any build or champion for the sake of it. I really am trying to be as objective as possible and laying down only the facts. Example, it is a mathematical fact that is costs more gold to buy AP items or it is a mathematical fact that Lux damage late game is not as strong as other certain champions.
I’m going to repeat this because this is the most important thing. PLAY WHAT YOU ENJOY. IF YOU LIKE AP LUX SUPPORT THEN KEEP PLAYING IT. You only improve if you spend time on something and you only spend time on something if you enjoy it. Nothing will ever change that.
Watch HappyChimeNoises video’s if you want to see proof of that.
Anyways, I hope you enjoyed the video and learnt something!
🎮 Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/luminumn
💋 Twitter: https://twitter.com/Luminumn
📷 Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/luminumn/
📱 TikTok: https://www.tiktok.com/@luminum?lang=en
📘 Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Luminumn
I have MERCH!: https://luminumn.live/merch
🎥 Second channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/LuminumUntucked
Business email: email@example.com
YesStyle (Korean Beauty and Fashion Online Store)
DISCOUNT CODE: LUMINUM
DISCOUNT LINK: https://ystyle.co/quCv
New customers that use my code AND click the link above get 10% off their purchases!
Returning customers get 4% off!
Outsmart your opponents with Porofessor: https://link.overwolf.com/Porofessor-Luminum
ExitLag VPN 15% discount code: